Hi, Friends if your reading this then you must be feeling in stuck in some way- We all feel stuck from time to time. Or maybe we have lived most of our lives feeling stuck and unable to move forward.
Did you know, that the enemy wants us to believe that we are failures and that there is no use to even try again!
Well, I am here to tell you that God’s Word tells us differently. God’s Word tells us to renew our minds. To be transformed. That we are a new creation. God’s Word tells us that He is a God of REDEMPTION and TRUTH and LOVE.
Friends we do have a choice and we must choose to walk in that redemption, to walk in truth and to walk in love. Believing that we are indeed being transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit and that we can take intentional steps to renew our minds.
Listen to No Matter how many times we have failed in the past, we must choose to believe in those new mercies, that redeeming love of the Father, and that the Holy Spirit does truly reside in us strengthening us and empowering us to live bold lives of faith.
5 Verses for When You Feel Stuck
Take a look at these 5 Verses, they will help you with the feelings your experiencing, I do encourage you to read them, write them, pray them, memorize them and place them on cards/post-it notes around your home.
REMEMBER If God’s Word tells us to renew our minds, that must mean that IT IS POSSIBLE to change!! God’s word does not return void!!
- Romans 12:1-2 – be TRANSFORMED by the RENEWING of your mind! This tells me that renewal is possible!
- 2 Corinthians 5:17 – you are a NEW CREATION
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 – fix your eyes on what is UNSEEN which is ETERNAL
- Colossians 3:10 – put off the old man, put on the NEW MAN
- Ephesians 4:23 – be RENEWED in the spirit of your mind!
10 Tips To Do When You Feel Stuck
Right Guys Start Again.
1. Remember those NEW MERCIES and CLING to them! Remember the statistic that it can take (on average) 30 times to quit a habit. What if you gave up on the 29th try??
2. Get accountability. I would never have continued this regularly had I not been meeting friends! What friend can you ask to text you and ask how it’s going? To hold you accountable? To not let you give up?
3. Go to bed 30 minutes earlier! Getting a good night SLEEP, is so important to our overall health but also to our motivation. If we don’t sleep well, we wake up tired and grumpy, we aren’t motivated to eat right or do the right things.
We stress eat. We give up. We need our sleep!
4. Remember that your physical health impacts every area of our lives. This goes along with sleep, but our bodies are so intricate that it all works together. If we are tired, we don’t want to exercise. If we don’t feel like exercising, we may not be as motivated to eat right. If our hormones are out of balance we may be depressed. It all works together.
5. Keep yourself motivated. Figure out what motivates you. Is it a reward? Is it listening to podcasts or reading new books? or Is it time with friends? Find what motivates you and do that thing at least a few minutes every single day.
6. Be grateful for the journey, do not begrudge the hard things in life! Trust that God is making you more and more into His image by using the things you go through, I would never know such JOY had I not felt such despair for so long. I would never know how GOOD it feels to feel GOOD, had I not felt unwell for so long. Be grateful. Your journey is making you.
7. Take baby steps, don’t try to change the world in one day! seriously don’t try to eat an elephant in one day 🙂
Take one bite at a time- Start small-Small changes lead to big impact. Maybe Start drinking more water today or Start walking around the block. Pick up your Bible and read 1 Psalm today.
8. A change is as good as a holiday, so Change it up! Maybe you’ve been trying to change in one area of life for months or years. You need to try something new. Try a different Bible study or prayer journal. Try a new eating habit. Try a new exercise plan. Change it up.
9. Seek God first, don’t leave God out of the equation even if you feel like that thing you need to change isn’t a spiritual thing. God made us mind, body, heart, and soul. He has told us we can be renewed, now to believe Him and to replace the lies of the enemy with TRUTH, we must be READING and STUDYING TRUTH. We must be in God’s Word lets not leave God out of your habits and mindset.
10. Make a list of the things you KNOW to be true. Now THINK ABOUT THOSE THINGS. Friends, you have Christ in you. He is transforming your life all the time, He is making you new! He is the God of REDEMPTION.
Ask Him to help you believe. Ask Him to help you seek His face. Ask Him to help you let go of the past and focus on what is UNSEEN, which is eternal. I’m praying for you as you seek to make these changes!
Mar 18, 2018, Kelleigh Wooderson