Welcome back, I hope you are all well and in Good spirit. For this post I will be briefly touching spiritual warfare, Like me if you’re a believer in God who is living like salt and light in a dark world, whether your running ministry, evangelising, teaching or preaching you will not go for long before encountering spiritual warfare!
Believe it or not we are in a battle in this world, although we may not see it, often forgetting it’s there and we skip along in the meadows of our calling. Now when we are starting something new be it, a new year, business course ect. The enemy would love nothing more than to start it off with discouragement and defeat, bringing fear and stress. Believe me I have encountered my own battles with the enemy and have over come the obstacles and attacked that he has thrown my way.
Do Not Fear and Do Not let him win.
As God reminds us in His word, the bible.that we are to stay alert and aware of Satan’s schemes, and He instructs us stay close to Him and to seek His face always.
He arms us with the sword, the Word of God, to stand against the enemy’s lies. He had equipped us with strength, wisdom, and discernment through His own Spirit, that dwells in us, to stay strong in the spiritual warfare battle.
God invites us to spend time in His Presence, through prayer and worship, pressing in to know Him more.
As we grow in wisdom to know God’s Truth and what is real, we also gain knowledge knowing what is false. We become stronger in standing against warfare in the powerful name of Jesus. God will never leaves us to fend for ourselves in this dark world, He reminds us that He is constantly with us in battle, fighting for us, even when we cannot see or feel as if He is.
It is important to read His word and praying God’s words back to Him, This is a powerful weapon against the forces of evil.
As it is Truth and it reminds us that God knows and understands what we are facing and where we are at!
It helps to build our faith and trust in God. As well as guarding our hearts, refocusing our minds back on Him.
Prayer + God’s Word = Power
Here are 24 Spiritual Warfare Scriptures to Read, Pray, and Memorise:
1. “Submit yourselves to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
2. “You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4
3. “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:3-5
4. “Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith.” 1 Pet. 5:8-9
5. “No weapon that is formed against you will prosper; and every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their vindication is from Me,” declares the Lord.” Is. 54:17
6. “Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Eph. 6:11-17
7. “In all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” Rom. 8:37
8. “But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Cor. 15:57
9. “Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts.” Zech. 4:6
10. “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.” 2 Thess. 3:3
11. “Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you.” Luke 10:19
12. “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
13. “Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.” Matt. 18:18-19
14. “The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before you. They shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways.” Deut. 28:7
15. “And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death.” Rev.12:11
16. “Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.” 1 Tim. 6:12
17. “,,,On this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matt. 16:1
18. “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Is. 40:31
19. “One of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the Lord your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you.” Josh. 23:10
20. “Do not fear them, for the Lord your God is the one fighting for you.” Deut. 3:2
21 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Josh. 1:9
22 “For You have girded me with strength for battle; You have subdued under me those who rose up against me.” Ps. 18:39
23. “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust. Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart…” Ps. 91:1-4
24 “This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” 2 Chron. 20:15
The enemy NEVER has the final say over our lives. REMEMBER we are secure in God’s hands, we belong to Christ.
Keep going and keep pressing on towards the mark– be courageous and free – never be held back because of feelings of fear or defeat. The battle belongs to Jesus, and He has the final say!
Victory belongs to Him……
watch victory belongs to Jesus
watch-who has the final say!