Supportive Organisations: Addiction, bereavement, separation and depression

20190223_090106_0001.png There are times in life were we go through situations and circumstances, that
can stretch you emotionally, physically and mentally. whether your suffering
from addiction, domestic violence or depression.
We at life essence UK understand this and how hard it can be to reach out
and get the support you you need.
we have put a list of organisations that can provide PRACTICAL advice and
support for what ever situation you find your self in.
If you need need prayer or support in accessing services please get in touch
us, either via phone or email and one of the team will contact you within 24
if you need immediate help for an emergency please call emergency services


Supportive Services


Alcohol Concern

The national organisation campaigning for effective alcohol policy and improved services for people whose lives are affected by alcohol-related problems.


Advice to those worried about their own, or a loved one’s, alcohol use. Contact their free helpline on 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am – 8pm, weekends 11am – 4pm). is a social enterprise providing accessible and comprehensive drug education interventions to reduce drug-related harm. Parents’ page has a range of advice for parents and carers on how to tackle conversations with kids about drugs, useful links and a downloadable version of their toolkit.


DrugScience is an independent, science-led drugs charity, bringing together leading drugs experts from a wide range of specialisms to carry out ground-breaking original research into drug harms and effects.


Formerly DrugScope, DrugWise provides access to evidence-based drug, alcohol and tobacco information and resources, including an international knowledge hub.


National drug information service with factfiles and FAQs.

NHS Choices Alcohol Support

Includes information on alcoholism, binge drinking and caring for someone with an alcohol problem.


Organisation providing free legal advice on drug issues, and a helpline – 0845 4500 215.

Stars National Initiative

Support and guidance on parental drug and alcohol misuse.

Parents and families


Al-Anon family groups provide support to anyone who is, or has been, affected by someone else’s drinking.

Co-Dependants Anonymous

A set of informal self-help groups made up of people with a common interest in working through the problems that co-dependency has caused in their lives.

Community for Recovery

Providing online support and counselling for anyone whose life is affected by volatile substance abuse (‘solvent abuse’), including family members and friends.


Are you affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol addiction? Are you bereaved through drug or alcohol use? Contact their free helpline from 9am-9pm, 7 days a week on 0300 888 3853.

Family Lives

Provides help and support for anyone caring for a child.

Families Anonymous

Support for families and friends concerned about drug abuse or related behavioural problems.

The Icarus Trust

Provide a ‘Family & Friends’ service. A trained volunteer will provide information and support via email and signpost you to local services.


Offer advice and relationship counselling for couples, and also provides advice for parents and other family members to help families deal with difficult times.

Scottish Families Affected by Drugs

Work to improve support for families affected by substance use throughout Scotland.

Grandparents and kinship carers

Grandparents Plus

The national charity which champions the vital role of grandparents, especially when they take on the caring role in difficult family circumstances.

Family Rights Group

Advice for parents and other family members whose children are involved with, or

require, social services.

The National Care-line

A voluntary organisation providing information about care and support for older people, their carers and families.

Children and Young People


Run mutual support groups for teenage relatives and friends of alcoholics. Alateen is part of Al-Anon.

NACOA (National Association for the Children of Alcoholics)

Works to address the needs of children growing up in families where one or both parents suffer from alcoholism.

Nip in the Bud

Provides films and practical approaches to help parents, teachers, social care staff and others with early recognition of potential mental health conditions in children.

Criminal Justice

Action for Prisoner’s Families

Promotes the just treatment of prisoners’ families by the prison system and society across the UK.

Offenders’ Families Helpline

The free and confidential national helpline for families of offenders, providing information and advice on all aspects of the criminal justice system.

Domestic Violence

National Centre for Domestic Violence (NCDV)

Provides a free, fast emergency injunction service to survivors of domestic violence regardless of their financial circumstances, race, gender or sexual orientation.


Provide domestic violence advice and helpline for women and children.


The national organisation for professionals working with people to end their abusive behaviour.

Women’s Aid

Women’s Aid is the national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children and supports a network of over 500 services across the UK.


BEAD Project

Website with information and guidance for anyone that has lost a loved one through drugs or alcohol.

Child Bereavement UK

Supports families and educates professionals when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.

Childhood Bereavement Network

The hub for those working with bereaved children, young people and their families across the UK.

Cruse Bereavement Care

Exist to promote the wellbeing of all bereaved people and to enable them to understand their grief and cope with their loss.

Cruse have a section on their website which provides information on drug and alcohol related bereavement.

The Compassionate Friends (TCF)

Provide support to any parent whose child has died. They offer a helpline, an online forum, legal advice and befriending services. They also run a service for bereaved siblings.

Widowed and Young (WAY)

Offer support to anyone under 50 who has lost their partner. This may take the form of peer support, practical advice, meet-ups and more.

Leave a Reply